Monday, March 19, 2007

Ad Nauseam

NCAA TOURNEY UPDATE
Well, in spite of my poor showing during Friday's games, 10 out of my Sweet Sixteen teams are still in the show, thus I have only one less team remaining than ESPN's Dan Patrick.  Unfortunately, Wisconsin isn't one of them, so there goes my Final Four. I still say UNC's gonna win it all...

CLASSIC MISHEARD LYRIC #18
"You Don’t Mess Around With Jim"—JIM CROCE (1972) "…and you better believe they sung a different kind of story with Big Jim hit the floor." I always he was referring to a newspaper and said, "you better believe the Sunday Journal got a story…"

Man, could that dude write some great songs, or what?  He died long before he would have peaked, I think.  And why the filth-flarn-filth isn't HE in the Rock 'N' Roll Hall of Fame yet?

NUMBER 32!
You can add American Beauty to my Top 30 Most Overrated Movie list.  I just watched it yesterday for the first time, and I'd really like a detailed explanation about how this piece of cinematic caca won Best Picture at the Oscars in 2000.  There was not one single solitary likeable character in this whole blasted film!  Kevin Spacey is kind of a weasel too, and I think Annette Bening is way overrated.  I actually liked Borat better than this disasterpiece.  Yeesh!

EXTREME MAKEOVER-COURTROOM EDITION
Check out the spectre of Phil(lis) Spector all this week on Court TV!

No comments: