Monday, August 27, 2007

It's a dirty blog, but somebody's gotta do it...

Good gravy!  So much to talk about an it's only Monday...

VICK'S A DICKOFFICIALLY
Time will tell if Michael Vick's apology today will ring true (although I do give him credit for actually ad-libbing it instead of reading a prepared statement like some illiterate and tongue-tied idiot), but he lost me when he played the Jesus card and said that he "axed Him for forgiveness".  Now, to all you Michael Vick sychophants, apologists, race card players and NAACP grandstanders:  Shut the fuck uphe admitted his guilt!  Stop claiming that he's being railroaded or mistreated just because he's Black (as if Black people never commit crimes).  I'd feel the same way about him if he was White, plaid, Hispanic, Asian, Vulcan, Koozbanian, whateverdo you think Peyton Manning, Tom Brady or Brett Favre would skate on something like this?  I don't think so!  And to all you PETA people and animal rights activists:  Shut the fuck upyou're getting what you wanted...

While I'm at it, why is it at press conferences there's always this phalanx of photographers snapping away in the background?  It's not as if we don't know what Vick looks like, and it's not as if his appearance changed from the beginning of the proceedings to the endthat constant cacophony of camera noises is quite annoying...

THEY'RE DROPPING LIKE FLIES
Wow, first Rumsfeld, then Rove, and now A.G. Alberto Gonzales is bailing on Dubya by resigning.  If one didn't know any better, one would swear there was something rather fucked-up about this current Presidential administration...

Speaking of Dubya, commuters around K.C. are still up in arms about his visit here last week during which his motorcade tied up traffic all over the city just so he could make a speech no one will ever believe, have a biscuit for breakfast and waste perfectly good taxpayer money all in one morning.  There hasn't been this much discord about traffic being diverted from downtown since U2 commandeered the city to make a video a few years back.  Dumb question, but why couldn't they have done that on a weekend, or any evening after 6:00 when downtown K.C. is a virtual ghost town anyway?  But I digress...

I'VE GOT GAS
I alertly filled up my gas tank on the way home today for $2.65 a gallon when I noticed another station had jacked up their gas to $2.79.  Let me guessanother potential hurricane is going to wipe out the Gulf of Mexico (and the oil wells thereof) just like Hurricane Dean did(n't) last week.  I don't suppose the price increase has anything to do with Labor Day weekend looming on the horizon, would it?  Naw, couldn't be...

NOT THAT I NEEDED ANY FURTHER PROOF...
...that my ex-idol Ted Nugent is a total fucking moron but here's some more, along with (unnecessary) further proof that Sean Hannity and the rest of those at Faux News Channel are nothing but shills and cheerleaders for the Republican Party.  As I've previously stated on this blog, when I was 14, I truly wanted to BE Ted Nugent.  Sadly, since the time I was 14, I've actually matured and grown as a person, which is more than I can say for Nugent.  I'm actually embarrassed to admit that I once idolized this putz...

SPEAKING OF FAUX NEWS CHANNEL...
...while killing time before work this morning, I tuned in FNC's vapid "Fox And Friends" program, featuring the staggeringly doofy Steve Doocy, who led in to the story about Hulk Hogan's son being injured in a car accident by saying, "If you have a TV, you may know about the reality show featuring Hulk Hogan..."  Duhhhh, Steve, if I didn't have a TV, I couldn't even watch you say, "If you have a TV," now could I?  This fucker is dumber than a box of rocks (and/or your average Sonic commercial)...

SPEAKING OF FAUX NEWS...
Check out some really bad news bloopers. And some more. And yet even more.

WHY DON'T YOU GET THINGS STARTED?
Just finished watching Season 2 of "The Muppet Show" on DVD.  Great stuff indeed, but I'm at a loss as to how on some shows Jim Henson and crew would land "big fish" guest stars like Elton John, Bob Hope, Steve Martin and Gilda Radner, while on others, they'd have to settle for has-beens and never-weres like Jaye P. Morgan, Louise Lasser, Teresa Brewer and Zero Mostel.  Oh well, any time the Swedish Chef was on the show was cool with yours trulyBork! x 3.

No comments: