Monday, October 8, 2007

An important message from The Rally Monkey...

Okay, so he's not the Cleveland mascot, but his annual message (that I stole from Don Henley) still rings true, and if I may be so bold as to paraphrase New York Yankees play-by-play announcer John Sterling (while thumping my chest): “TH-E-E-E-E-E-E-E-E-E-E Yankees LOSE!!!”  Congrats to the Cleveland Indians for taking out the Bronx Bummers tonight in the American League Division Series, which broke the mold by going to a fourth game, unlike the other three series that were sweeps.  Meantime, Drew Carey was right:  Cleveland rocks!

And since the Yankees lost, evidently this will be manager Joe Torre’s final game in NY pinstripes, as douche-bag Steinbrenner has avowed that Torre is history without winning the World Series this year.  If I were Torre, I’d tell big George to go get stuffed...

By the way, nice job by TBS in covering the first round of the playoffs this year, although I could’ve really done without all the promos for their new “Frank TV” series featuring impressionist Frank Caliendo.  No offense, Frank, but I feel like I’m being force-fed here…

No comments: