Tuesday, November 6, 2007

Just plain stuff

I CALLED IT!
I was rightBrett Favre does fuck up once in a while!  He fumbled twice and threw two interceptions against El Chiefos on Sunday, one of which was an ill-advised pass near the end of the first half that allowed KC to score a gift TD and take the lead.  Granted, BF also threw the game-winning TD in the 4th quarter and all, but he proved my point all the same.  Don't get me wrongI don't dislike Favre, but then again, the guy ain't as perfect as ESPN, Fox, NBC, et al, make him out to be...

IF A HOLLYWOOD WRITER FALLS IN THE WOODS AND NO ONE HEARS IT...
...will anyone notice?  I can honestly say I am totally non-plussed by this writers strike in La-La Land.  These are the same people who give us TV drivel like "Cavemen", "King of Queens" and "Yes, Dear" on a regular basisthe latter two of which feature fat slobs who are married to these friggin' babes, which is total science-fiction in my book.  Ergo, why should I fret over these fuckers walking the picket lines?  Besides, I have a backlog of old TV shows on DVD that I will enjoy for months to come whilst the rest of you are suffering through "reality" fare like "Dancing With The Has-Been Child Stars Who Are Now Living On Skid Row" (featuring Adam Rich and the girl who played Punky Brewster).

SOMEBODY GET ME A DOCTOR!!
I couldn't help but chuckle at Michelle Malkin's column from last week in which she made reference to The New York Times:  "My blood pressure increases a few points every time I read it."  Oddly enough, I experience this very same medical phenomenon whenever I read MM's columns...

BRILLIANT DIAGNOSIS
Rather humorous symptoms listed by a patient of ours at my job today:  dizziness while "thinking".  Now, I sure as hell ain't no physician here, but I do believe Ms. Malkin suffers from this very same medical phenomenon...

CLASSIC MISHEARD LYRIC #56
"Car Wash"--ROSE ROYCE (1977)  "There ain't no tellin' who you might meet--A movie star or maybe even an Indian chief.."  Instead of Indian chief, I always thought she sang, "...or maybe even an idiot, too."

A GLARING OMISSION
It was brought to my attention last night as I watched the Chuck Berry documentary Hail! Hail! Rock 'N' Roll again that I inadvertently left his classic "Roll Over Beethoven" off my Top 15 Chuck Berry songs of all-time list that I posted last month.  Feel free to tell Tchaikovsky the news that I had a major brain fart here, and I totally forgot this mighty mighty Rock 'N' Roll record, thus my Top 15 is now a Top (Sweet Little?) 16 instead...

No comments: