Tuesday, December 19, 2006

Could someone please explain...

...these dumbass Sonic Drive-In ads on TV to me?  You have these two 30-something dorks in a mini-van, arguing like a married couple and/or making inane commentary about whatever it is they're dining on at Sonic.  Not to sound homophobic or anything, but two guys spending THAT much time together in a mini-van makes me nervous!  These commercials are just about the most pointless damn things, yet I've read more than once how they are so highly-regarded (and even award-winning) in advertising circles!  Am I missing something here?  And what's up with that insipid punch-in-the-face sound effect they punctuate these things with?  These ads sure don't entertain me, much less make me wanna run out and grab a burger there. I'm confused...