Saturday, November 3, 2007

Travelblog Colorado--Vol. 1

STAIRWAY TO HEAVEN?
This is the view from the bottom at Red Rocks Amphitheater on the outskirts of Denver, scene of my most recent near-death experience, as I made the mistake of climbing to the top row thereof, which drove the point home to yours truly how woefully out-of-shape I am...






THANK YOU, DENVER--WE LOVE YOU!
Taken from center stage at Red Rocks, where the likes of the Moody Blues, U2, Kiss and who knows how many other Rock luminaries have stood at one time or another.















THIS AIN'T NO ORDINARY BENCH, FOLKS...
This is a magic bench.  It may not look like much, but it was on this very bench on the 16th Street Mall in Denver some eight years and change ago that I experienced the most special and sensual kiss in my lifetime with a female woman of the feminine persuasion whom I still care about very much.  I can honestly say that the rest of the whole friggin' world disappeared for approximately 15 minutes upon contact on that lovely July nighta night which I will take to the fucking grave with me! I was tempted to take a hacksaw to this monument and truck it home with mewho says I'm not just a tad sentimental, eh?

THE REST OF 16TH STREET MALL...
A wonderful urban development project that revitalized a long-moribund part of downtown Denver.  Lots of shops and eateries along a street that is closed off to motorized traffic (other than busses).  The only major downside is the influx of panhandlers and beggars, which is far worse than those in Memphis along Beale Street.  Denver needs to take a more hard-line stance on these losers and discourage people from giving money to them to prolong their drug habits.

PRICE GOUGING, 101
This would be a parking garage located two blocks from Coors Field in Denver on the night of Game 4 of the World Series.  By way of comparison, my hotel room was seven bucks cheaper than this parking space, and it came with a toilet, bed, and a TV to boot!












MY CLOSEST BRUSH WITH THE WORLD SERIES
Here is a photo of a baseball park hosting the Fall Classic.  I don't anticipate one of these in K.C. anytime soon...

No comments: