Tuesday, January 1, 2008

I'm still standing...

...better than Elton ever did, I might add!

NEWTS AND NOTES ON THE NEW YEAR:
Last song of '07:  "Had Enough"--The Who. Long live The Ox!

First song of '08:  "Delirious"--Z.Z. Top. Seemed appropriate to set the tone for the new year...

Second song of '08:  "New Year's Day"U2.  Terribly predictable, true, but damned if this isn't a killer tune!  I'm only sorry I didn't realize that when it came out 25 years ago.  Hey, I fully admit itI fucked up!  Wasn't the first time, won't be the last...

First question of '08:  Is there any appreciable difference at all between Carson Daly and Ryan Seacrest?  To me, these fuckers are interchangeableand totally disposable, as well...

Second question of '08:  Why hasn't Dick Clark's health improved at all? Sad to say this, but he sounds just as bad as he did a year ago at this timestruggling for breath as he speaksand it's heartbreaking to see the World's Oldest Teenager reduced to this.  Thankfully, at least he didn't inadvertently grab his wife's right boob on camera this year when he kissed her at Midnight like he did last year...

First (coherent) thought of '08:  I truly hope all is (and remains) well in the lives of my dearest friends (Stacy, Phil & Chris, Tom, John, Minta, Margaret, Rose, Fork, Alex, Tracy, Nadine and Andrea), as well as my fellow travelers in the good ol' blogosphere (Randy, Ken, Michelle, the good Doc. Sardonicus, Kilroy) and all the little people (Martians, midgets, et al) I've failed to mention by name here.  Y'all somehow manage to keep the proverbial acorn spinning on this end, and I thank you profusely, one and all!...

Second (coherent) thought of '08:  Why is Dubya still in charge?

1 comment:

dr sardonicus said...

Why is Dubya still in charge?

'Cuz the Democrats wouldn't impeach him. We gotta tough it out one more year.

Happy New Year.