Sunday, February 4, 2007

Maybe like Peyton Manning's team, maybe...

It's a holidayat least for me, it is!  Super Bowl Sunday always beats the crap out of Christmas, in my book...

Just a few observations, if you please:

This is my 38th-straight Super Bowl viewed live (at least in part) as it happened.  I only missed the first three, as I was too young to remember...

Ain't it just a tad warped that the Super Bowl pre-game show lasts longer than the game itself?

I couldn't help but chuckle at Katie Couric during her needless appearance on the pre-game show.  In a shamelessyet predictableact of self-promotion, CBS just had to bring her in to introduce some fluff piece, and Katie's hair got un-poofed by the rain, thus rendering her looking more like Carrot Top with dishwater-blonde hair!

The in-stadium pre-game performance by Cirque du Soleil was downright bizarrewhat, the Blue Man Group wasn't available?  Arty-farty!

I loved the fact that it rained throughout the game todaythis is football, not opera!

Why did Prince opt to go with the Aunt Jemima look for his halftime appearance?  And why does he insist on playing that faggy-looking guitar?

Best commercial goes to Budweiser, as usualthe one with the Dalmatian who wasn't a Dalmatian to begin with, to the tune of Dean Martin's "Ain't That A Kick In The Head?"

And finally, a HEARTY congratulations to coach Tony Dungy, QB Peyton Manning, WR "Starvin'" Marvin Harrison, WR "Stately Wayne Manor" Reggie Wayne, and the rest of the Indianapolis Colts for getting over the hump and winning it all!  The good people of Indy are most deserving, as are the above-mentioned gentlemen.  Well done, gents, well done!  Just a guess here, but I bet former Colt Edgerrin James is about to eat his jockstrap down in Phoenix right about now...

Not sure if this is a coincidence or not, but Super Bowl XLI MVP P. Manning was my QB on my fantasy football team this past season for the first time.  Yup, I'm sure that's what got the simian off his back...