Thursday, January 3, 2008

Classic Old-School Fast-Food Joint #1

Hate to seem like I'm ripping off everything Randy Raley does on his blog, but in the tradition of his Old-Time Gas Station series, I give you a favorite memory of mine, Classic Old-School Fast-Food Joints!
First up is a place we rarely ate at when I was a kidthe mighty Burger Chef.  Not that I didn't want to eat there, but there weren't that many B.C.'s around Kansas City, and it was like pulling teeth to get my old man to take us out to eat anyway.  By the time I was old enough to drive in 1980, the Chef had left our area altogether.

Remember Burger Chef and Jeff?  Evidently, there are a few folks out there who do, like the guy who put this website together.  And this one.  B.C.'s heyday was the '60s and early '70s, but they were gone by the Reagan Administration.

No comments: